Friday, January 9, 2009

The New Year

With the new year brings a new perspective and in some ways a mystical feeling of a fresh slate. This year I hope to...

Work hard and work smart.
Drink a hot cup of coffee most mornings and a cold glass of beer most evenings.
Be kinder and gentler with my kids.
Talk about things more with my wife.
Spend time with Jesus more closely.
Spend time reading, studying and critically thinking about His word.
Eat new things I've never eaten before.
Write more.
Draw and paint more.
Play with my kids more.
Plan just a little more.
Hit the cigar bar with the guys consistently. This kind of "me" time is so refreshing.
Go to Oregon with my fam and my parents (and hopefully my siblings who live so far away right now).
Call my brother and my sister just to talk and catch up often.
Hang with my dad.
Love my wife more tangibly and passionately.
Teach my boys to pray. Teach my church family to pray.
Exercise and play sports a little.
Walk my tiny dog Phoenix in the evenings.
Put more effort into my schoolwork.
Play my guitar almost daily.
Be faithful. Be kind. Be a servant of my Father.

Here's me at a little pub and brewery in Boulder this last weekend when Jess and I took the boys to Celestial Seasonings for a tour and a family day... don't worry, those 4 glasses in my hand were "tasters" just to decide which brew I wanted to order :) HA!

And here's me and the boys when we were Caroling at a couple nursing homes on Christmas morning:
Happy New Year, and the Lord bless and keep you and make his face to shine upon you and give you peace.

No comments: