Saturday, January 3, 2009

More Room for God

I just opened a facebook account... had a myspace for a long time, but never a facebook until now. I love it! It is easier, trimmer, and faster than myspace. And on day one I found like 30 friends already that I know! Love it.

Lately I have been taking a break from movies, which has freed up a lot of "me" time. I assumed "me" time was time where I was relaxing or rejuvinating, but Isaac told me that "me" time is time focused on bettering myself. So I have been picking a different activity to practice each day. One day it is my guitar, another day drawing or painting, another day practicing ballooning, another day writing... I realized that so much of my time is spent just existing. Just getting by. But I don't want to see my life pass me by. Not spiritually and not carnally. I want to live, learn, grow, accomplish, love, do, seek, understand. I want to truly live.

It also has given more room for God in my daily grind. More time to pray and think critically and listen to Him. More time to study the scriptures for myself. More time to prepare for church gatherings, outreach, and ministry. More time to minister to my wife and kids, to serve Him together.

I do not know all that life has in store, but I know that if I can keep Him first and give Him space to lead and guide everything in the future, I will see my life matter.

A beer I recently enjoyed with my pal and brother Bruce Duncan...

No comments: